As glamorous as it looks, having extra long hair requires much upkeep, so when I got introduced to the improved keratin range from TRESemmé by Beauty Bulletin for their #ReinventionOfSmooth campaign, I was excited to try it, primarily because the products I was using prior to TRESemmé weighed my hair down considerably, resulting in frequent washes, thus leading to drying out my ends and inevitably causing frizzy hair, which no girl wants to deal with.
So was it TRESemmé to the rescue?
Read on to find out…
I tested the following products from the TRESemmé range
- TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Shampoo with Marula Oil
- TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Conditioner with Marula Oil
- TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Deep Treatment Mask with Marula Oil
- TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Shine Oil with Marula Oil
This improved range from TRESemmé promises the following benefits
- Less frizz for up to 72 hours
- Stronger hair
- Detangles knots
- Boosts shine
- Tames fly-aways
- Softer feeling hair
- Keratin: a frizz – busting ingredient
- Marula Oils: this latest inclusion helps in hair feeling softer thereby being ideally manageable
- Low sulphate range
During the first wash, I immediately noticed a softer feel. The conditioner glided on, after my shampoo much more easily than usual with no tangles to painstakingly comb through, resulting in a quicker wash time – which is always convenient for those rushed mornings!
The shampoo and conditioner retails from about R80 for 750ml
The hair mask retails from about R83 for 300ml
The shine oil retails from about R83 for 50ml
This is an affordable range available at regular beauty outlets such as Clicks and Dischem.
I found that I washed my hair a lot less, therefore product lasts longer.
Ease Of Use:
With the use of the TRESemmé keratin range, washing and styling my hair no longer feels like a frantic chore, its now more enjoyable, as I can feel the Marula oils effectively softening my hair which gives my hair a luxurious and addictive feel that’s much more manageable to style.
How To Use:
This may differ from person to person, but my primary concerns for my long hair are oily roots and dry tips, so here is how I use any shampoo and conditioning duo – I found this method to be especially effective with the TRESemmé range.
Step 1: Apply conditioner to your ends before shampooing as a pre – poo (this ensures the prevention of split ends, the longer your hair is, the more brittle your ends are)
Step 2: Follow with a shampoo to your roots only, then rinse. (I do not shampoo my ends)
Step 3: Condition ends only, combing through the full length of your hair (I do not apply conditioner directly to my roots, which are oily enough already)
Alternatively: Apply the hair mask once a week as you would the conditioner or when you are going to use more heat than you regularly do for certain hair styles.
Watch The YouTube Video Below For A Detailed “How To Use” The Product
I cannot think of any warnings concerning this product – except that I’m absolutely crushing on the TRESemmé keratin range and I have to stop myself from obsessively touching my softer hair all the freaking time!
From initial use to thirty days later, this is what I noticed
- More manageable hair
- Softer feeling hair
- Less fizziness and fly aways
- Quicker and easier wash time and styling
- Nourished hair from root to tip
- Doesn’t weigh down my hair, therefore less frequent washes
- No more oily roots and dry tips
- TRESemmé products do contain parabens and low quantities of sulphates, however personally, I found that sulphate free hair products weigh down my hair, resulting in oily roots and constant washing, leaving my hair dry and unflattering.
- Colored oils such as the TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Shine Oil with Marula Oil, will bring out brassy orange tones in colored treated hair – opt for colorless oil if your hair is dyed or wash with a toner suited to your hair once a month to avoid orange tones.
Would I Use It Again:
I now wash my hair twice a week instead of every second day, my roots are more hydrated and less oily, subsequently, my scalp feels a lot healthier than usual, my hair is noticeably more healthy looking and stronger yet not greasy but rather sleek.
I’ve been using this product for a month now, and I will not be swapping it out any time soon, especially for the winter season when your hair is prone to more damage than usual.
I’m able to experiment with more hairstyles than just a straight look and I don’t have to spend hours doing so.
This product is great for already healthy hair which does not need high end salon product maintenance.
Overall the reinvention of the TRESemmé keratin range has made me fall in love with my hair all over again.
It is the answer I was looking for with regards to hair care and therefore I highly recommend that you try this product – you will be exhilarated with the results.
Follow TRESemmé Beauty South Africa:
Follow Beauty Bulletin:
Stay updated with hair care tips by signing up to my newsletter here:
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP
PIN THIS POST WITH THE IMAGE BELOW:
Pot Of Gold Blog By Sheena Deepnarain