Are you one of those people who watch makeup tutorials in awe as beauty makeup vloggers create mesmerizing looks?
Are you also one of those people who aspire to create these looks but failed helplessly?
I’m no makeup artist and have zero affinity for the craft of makeup application, however, in my quest to be better at applying makeup, I’ve searched and accordingly found hacks to simplify the process – much like your “makeup for dummies” tutorial, but nevertheless it works.
In this post I will specifically simplify the method of applying eyeshadow using cruelty free makeup brand – LA Girl Cosmetics.
Eyeshadow elevates your makeup look, accentuates your features and frames your eyes.
I normally skip the eyeshadow step, by rather applying blush on my eyelids, until I took the time to find an easy and effective way to apply eyeshadow that I had to share with you.
You’ll be delighted to know that you don’t require a multitude of makeup brushes and eye makeup in order to achieve this look.
L.A Girl Cosmetics offers eyeshadow palettes of different hues, suited your eye color or if you desire, your outfit of the day.
For this tutorial I used the LA Girl Eye Lux Mesmerizing Glamorize eyeshadow palette.
Total Time For Application: 5 minutes
The Makeup Items You Will Need:
- An eyeshadow palette consisting of two similar colors: one light and one dark
- Highlighter – for this tutorial I used the LA Girl Cosmetics Strobe Lite Strobing Powder in 50 Watt
- Three eye makeup brushes: (find brushes that you are able to use, recommended brushes may not work for you, especially if you are a beginner)
- Small brush to apply highlighter,
- Flat angled brush for eyelid and
- Blender eyeshadow brush
- Apply highlighter to the brow bone and inner corner of the eye
- Run over the lighter shade of eyeshadow on your lid and the remainder above your lid, all the way to where you applied your highlighter – this is your transition shade. If you want your highlighter to pop, apply your highlighter after you apply the transition shade.
- Take the darker colored eyeshadow and apply to the outer corner and crease
- Blend the darker eyeshadow
And viola! Your eye makeup is ready to be flaunted, perfect for your daily makeup look.
Complete your look with eyeliner and mascara.
I found that L.A Girl Cosmetics is the perfect makeup brand for people like me, who don’t yet know the ins and outs of makeup application, so it’s the perfect brand to start and experiment with – here’s a quick review on the Eye Lux eyeshadow palette:
Review on the Eye Lux eyeshadow palette:
Price: It’s affordable and suited to being good starter makeup, you can play around and fail until you achieve the results you want and then move on to the advanced makeup palettes or spend money on high-end brands when you become an expert.
Eyeshadow palette retails for R99,95
Highlighter retails for R149,00
Available At: Dischem in-store or online
Ease of Use: You will need to apply twice as more product to have a longer lasting and darker effects of the eye shadow.
- Cheap, perfect to experiment with therefore a must have makeup brand for amateurs.
- Beautiful eyeshadow palettes in all colors are available to achieve your perfect look.
- More product usage is required
- Is not for full day wear – lasts for about 3 to 4 hours before it starts to fade (this is without a primer)
Try out this uncomplicated, quick and easy method to achieve pretty results, without the fuss and let me know if it works for you and what makeup for beginners tutorials you would like to see more of.
Stay updated with easy makeup tutorials by signing up to my newsletter here:
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP
PIN THIS POST WITH THE IMAGE BELOW:
Pot Of Gold Blog By Sheena Deepnarain