Long hair always falls flat due to being weighed down by the length and the use of nourishing hair products which results in product build – up and greasy hair, nonetheless, it’s more important for me to have healthy hair, rather than compromise the condition of my hair for extra volume. However, the John Frieda Luxurious Volume shampoo and conditioner for fine hair caught my attention, which promised hair volume without drying it out, thereby eliminating damage, so naturally I needed try it.
Rubybox sent me the following products to test:
- John Frieda Luxurious Volume Shampoo
- John Frieda Luxurious Volume Conditioner
This John Frieda hair care collection promises volumizing products for fine hair thus it works as a thickening agent whilst enabling volume but still nourishing to your hair.
You can feel the caffeine found in the John Frieda luxurious volume shampoo instantly enabling root awakening whilst the conditioner does not give your hair a greasy feel yet still keeps the lift in your roots intact and also works as a hair thickening shampoo and conditioner.
Instantly I could feel the lift of my roots with the use of this volumizing shampoo for fine hair, in addition, the conditioner did not weigh down my hair.
My hair still felt soft to the touch after washing it with this top volumizing shampoo and conditioner duo.
During drying my hair – I noticed just how much thicker it was – which increased the styling time as my hair is long and the thickening agent allowed for a bountiful of hair to deal with – proving that John Frieda has in fact created a thickening shampoo that works!
My hair, after styling, had added movement and didn’t feel stuck to my scalp giving it an overall sexier appeal!
Watch The John Frieda Luxurious Volume Video Here:
Shampoo and conditioner retails for R115 – 99 each
Where To Buy John Frieda:
You can find John Frieda hair care products at your local drugstore or convenience stores such as Clicks and Dischem.
Ease of use:
As you would use any normal shampoo and conditioner – but as stated previously be warned! Your hair is thicker after use and therefore extra styling time is required, dependent on the length of your hair.
How To Optimize Your Hair Volume:
- Spray a volumizing styling agent to your roots before styling
- Blow dry your hair upside down
- Apply rollers to the first two top sections of your hair (either hot rollers or normal rollers and remove after thirty minutes)
- Tease your roots to keep in the volume for longer and spray hairspray to keep it locked in. Avoid damage when coming out using a tangle teaser hairbrush.
Hair is extra thick! (If that’s a warning)
- Can be used on color treated hair
- Thickens hair
- Awakens roots
- Great to use when you want to achieve volume for particular hairstyles
- Has a good balance – doesn’t dry out hair neither does it over condition your hair.
- John Frieda products are not tested on animals
- One of the best rated volumizing shampoo and conditioner for fine / thin hair
- Personally, my extra long hair does require fuller nourishment than what this John Frieda range can provide.
- John Frieda hair care products contain low quantities of sulphates and parabens
Would I use it again?
I would use this range when I need to style my hair and require extra volume for particular hairstyles.
I will not use it as a daily or regular shampoo and conditioner, just because my hair is extra long and to keep it healthy I need ultimate nourishment so my ends don’t split and dry out.
I have used the John Frieda brilliant brunette and still do for two weeks following a fresh hair color – following the positive results from this product I had high expectations from my personal experience and the John Freida shampoo reviews for this range.
Subsequently, John Frieda delivered on their promise.
Needless to say, the John Frieda brand is a trusted brand and this duo in particular has been voted as one of the best top rated drugstore volumizing shampoos, therefore reiterating why you need to add this good thickening and volume shampoo and conditioner to your beauty cabinet.
Follow John Frieda South Africa:
Follow Ruby Box South Africa:
Stay updated with the best in hair care by signing up to my newsletter here:
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP
PIN THIS POST WITH THE IMAGE BELOW:
Pot Of Gold Blog By Sheena Deepnarain